All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 18, 2006 01:41PM
Thanks so much desertdude for your advice and info regarding illegal OHV activity. The couple that lives ( unfortunately ) across the street from the noisy folks, have already had a few run ins with them. We have been communicating lately on how best to aproach this problem. We concur on the appraisal that the couple at the house with the noisy kiddies have shown themselves to be downright uncooperative, and shall we say, less than rational in thier manner. The present themselves as very contentious, and they exude by thier demeanor, a sense of a lot of pent up anger. They do strike me as having a vindictive side to thier nature. So the problem is, these folks, or thier kids, may try to do something vengeful in response to our complaints. Of course this can always be a problem, depending on the disposition of who your dealing with. On the other hand, we are not inclined to let these people change the peaceful nature of our neighborhood with incessant riding. We will just have to use the law to what extent it can help us, and also realize and be able to except, that completely stopping the activity may not be achievable too.
Thank you also desertdude for your expressed appreciation for my SC Postings. We gain insight, and awareness of our world through many information sources. The informatin I am sharing with you in my SC post is coming from research of various sites on the internet, such a wonderful tool for learning. As with any information source, its content, and validity, must be accessed, and weighed against a wide range of other sources, in order to try and glean, the accuracy, or " truthfullness " of the given content. It has been my objective in the SC Post to share with those of you who read this forum, what I interpret as being utterly compelling information, that if shown by the passage of time to be true and accurate, will totally transform the lives we live, and do so in very negative ways. Talking specifically about the US public, for the most part, its very apparent that folks are almost entirely unaware of just how close ( next few decades ) we are to a whole host of completely dire events. This countries administration, and the almost complete, corporation controlled media sources, have by design, and specific irresponsible intent, created a situation of keeping the public uninformed on the grave extent of these worldwide problems. Now some good content does come out from time to time in the media, TV, Magazines, Papers, etc, but we are right now IMHO, on all of these major issues, going deeper and deeper into very serious trouble, so much so, that our collective ability as cultures, and societies, to try in any feasible manner, to maintain the quality of lives we have become used to, will show itself to be, an impossible task. Now, from me to you, my SC post are my way of expressing my deep concern about these issues, posted for your consideration. I would not mind at all if somehow these issues turn out to be, " really ", a lot less dire than the articles I post do imply. However, my view is that they are much closer to representing the truth, than being farther from it. If the information does dipict accurately what our future holds, then folks, what faces us is far worse than just daunting. The repercussions of the interaction of all of these negative ills that could very well affect our lives, our quality of life, and the well being of future generations, will unfold over the next few decades in ways that realistically cannot be predicted with definity, precisely, regarding one region of the earth over another, and, regarding this, or that, collection of people. I do think however, the direction of the main negative themes are showing themselves in increasing clarity. The accessment of each individual, on just what they should, or can do for themselves, thier culture, thier loved ones regarding these coming changes is truly an overwhelming prospect. The pace of life, will without question, have to slow down. The current societal paradigms based on endless growth, so called progress, will have to stop, with no choice in the matter. I am currently, daily, considering just how I and my family can adapt to, cope with, the kind of negative alterations to our economy, climate, resources, that could very well change dramatically how we conduct our lives. For me, I would rather know whats coming, face the coming storm with full awarness of its extent, see the wave for what it is, than mull along in a distracted, complacent, and ill informed fog. We shall certainly find out what our collective future holds for us. Thus far, the general manner and actions of man does not inspire me to feel, that in the face of so many complex, and extensive problems facing our species, that there exist the ultimate combined potential of mind, which will precipitate enough inclination towards meaningful action, to save us from our current rush towards the many cliffs before us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM vs. Hotspringers and Rogue Dirt Bikers

mojavegreen 1201May 12, 2006 09:20AM

Re: BLM vs. Hotspringers and Rogue Dirt Bikers

Rick 773May 12, 2006 11:46AM

jobe 879May 12, 2006 08:45PM

Steamboat 734May 16, 2006 08:50PM

Wizard 717May 16, 2006 09:14PM

mojavegreen 716May 17, 2006 08:29AM

Wizard 705May 17, 2006 09:52PM

desertdude 799May 17, 2006 10:52PM

Wizard 860May 18, 2006 01:41PM

Paul P. 730May 18, 2006 04:10PM

Wizard 750May 18, 2006 07:20PM

Wizard 778May 19, 2006 12:52PM

Paul P. 683May 19, 2006 05:43PM

Wizard 1301May 19, 2006 08:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login