Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

DCV/DCHS/4-29

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 01, 2006 03:02PM
I went on another adventure to the springs, with my family in tow, this last Saturday, which was also our sceduled DCV Day at the springs. It was a splendid hike down into the canyon, with warm morning temps, loads of flowers, and blue sky's :-) The creek level was down some what from my last visit, so crossing was easy, with the water only getting up slightly above my waist. Seven DCV members showed up, including myself, Paul, Dave, Carlos, Don, Zane, and Tom. We had good chats throughout the day in the shade of the trees, at the grass area by the Aniversary Pool. We basically just picked up trash, and broke up some fire pits for the days tasks. Frank, a man who has been a regular visitor for years, was also down for the day, and did his normal rounds of trash collection also. Thanks to him also for his diligent efforts :-) Ran across other friends, Bob, another Don, and Dan. It was a fine day with lots of sunshine. The creek is now getting pretty close to swimable temps, with some people taking refreshing dips throughout the day. Two snakes were spotted in the grass, and I caught each one of them to show the kiddies, and other interested folks. The flowers are in great abundance at this time on the northern slopes of Deep Creek Canyon, so check em out, if you get a chance! Late in the day Paul, DCV Member suggested that on our next visit we could plan to drain both the Aniversary Pool, and the Womb, to give them a through vacuming, brushing, and general cleaning, so thats what we will probably be working on at our next DCV Day. I put 4 photos taken on Saturday at Wizard's pictures, page 44, photos 8-11. One of them shows me holding one of the big Gopher Snakes I caught :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV/DCHS/4-29

Wizard 1155May 01, 2006 03:02PM

Re: DCV/DCHS/4-29

Nevada Naturist 802May 01, 2006 05:15PM

Mr Nude Hiker 937May 01, 2006 08:27PM

Wizard 1267May 01, 2006 10:03PM

Wizard 741May 01, 2006 09:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login