Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bees are 90% Africanized?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 22, 2006 09:54PM
I did hike about a week ago into Granite Mountains to one of the springs where I have planted six cottonwood trees. At this spring there is a type of tall tree like bush that is predominate, and currently it has little tiny blooms out. It was a warm day so I was hiking Au Natural, and while tending to my trees around these bushes I could here the very audible humming of lots of bees who where going after the little flowers. I remember thinking to myself, I hope these bees are not the africanized variety, cause I'm pretty much a sitting duck, nekid, out there in the middle of knowwhere, by myself, if they decided to attack. I guess all you could really do is get as far away as possible from them if they did get riled up and start stinging. I used to spend time at a spot on Deep Creek, where there was a hive, on a branch of a Sycamore Tree for one summer. I had a favorite seat on a rock, about 15 feet just below the hive, where I had a scenic view of a big pool lined with trees on the creek. They never showed any signs of agitation by my presence. After winter passed and I visited the spot again in spring, the bees where gone, with only the honeycombs of thier hive remaing :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bees are 90% Africanized?

Rick 1104April 22, 2006 04:46PM

Wizard 548April 22, 2006 09:54PM

Rick 621April 22, 2006 10:43PM

Wizard 596April 22, 2006 10:52PM

Rick 1131April 23, 2006 09:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login