Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 4/12/04

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 16, 2009 05:54PM
Took my family - wife and two boys down to DCHS on Sunday. We went in via Bowen Ranch. Got there about 11am.

The Springs were pretty crowded, all textile except for about 4 regulars I have seen there before.

One group of young adults were annoying the whole time we were there. They announced their arrival at the Springs with whooping and hollering, as if the rest of us were just waiting for their signal that they had arrived. They then proceeded to be loud for the rest of the day, including their dog which didn't stop barking the whole time. They kept on mucking around with the organization of sandbags controlling the flow of water, in some cases, throwing the sandbags around. Pressure had to be put on them to leave them alone - I say pressure because all it took was a couple of guys watching them in close proximity for a while - no words needed.

There were quite a few campers at the Springs. Two large groups, one of guys from the Czech Republic and another large group of men and women who were probably local. They were pretty good campers, i.e. clean as far as I could tell, but it just shows that, in the absence of rangers, there is nothing stopping people from camping down there and no one pays attention to the signs.

The weather was probably what we can expect more of now until Fall - too hot for long in the Springs except early in the morning and after the sun goes down, but pleasant just cooling off in the creek.

We left at 2pm, ahead of the crowd. A few groups were still arriving as we left.

Took my wife, who has bad knees, 45 minutes to get down and an hour to get back.

We carried out two dirty sleeping bags that had been there when we were there on the previous Thursday.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 4/12/04

Murray 1471April 16, 2009 05:54PM

Re: Trip Report 4/12/04

jobe 685April 17, 2009 05:21AM

lard mckenzie 797April 17, 2009 05:45AM

Murray 809April 17, 2009 08:37AM

Paul P. 1339April 17, 2009 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login