Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 4/4/09

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 06, 2009 05:29AM
Hiked into the springs via the Bradford Ridge trail on Saturday. Arrived at the trailhead at 11am, there were three other cars parked there. It took me a little over an hour to get to the springs. This time I took the trail that actually runs along the top of the Bradford Ridge and it is was much easier than going down via the steep canyon descent.

There were about 20 people at the springs, about 85% textile. The womb was pretty crowded so I headed up to the new beach and soaked in the Arizona pool. It has been repaired and was holding water very well. I brought my thermometer and measured the temps in the three large pools. The Arizona was 106 degrees, the Anniversary pool was 104 degrees and the Womb was 100 degrees. The creek itself was about 50 degrees just upstream of the Arizona pool.

It was a bright sunny day, perfect for laying out in the sun on the new beach. There was not much trash that I noticed, I never crossed the creek to the Little beach so I did not have a chance to check out the trash situation on that side. There was no rope across the creek on Saturday.

I stayed till 4pm then hiked back out, it took me about an hour and a half to get back to my car.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 4/4/09

lbcalrr 1314April 06, 2009 05:29AM

Re: Trip Report 4/4/09

Rick 1273April 06, 2009 02:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login