Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Trip Report 3/30

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 30, 2009 07:24PM
It was windy and kinda cold on top, but a nice day at the Springs. Only 1 other person was there when I went down. Crossing the stream is a little more difficult, with ice-cold water waist-high. Not much current. The Arizona pool is great, thanks to some recent stonework. There were 2 people riding the PCT on mountain bikes, but no motorcycles seen today. The illegal motorcycle trail running down to the warm spring looks like it's had a lot of use lately, as have the illegal motorcycle routes which cross the foot trail near the top. I took out about 2 lbs of trash, but there is more left over, including a few sleeping bags.

A couple weeks ago, I hiked the lower Deep Creek portion of the PCT from the Spillway to the bridge. There is graffiti everywhere, especially at the falls part-way up. I hope against the odds that the Forest Service will hire more enforcement personnel so that some of these areas will be patrolled.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 3/30

Steamboat 1252March 30, 2009 07:24PM

Re: Trip Report 3/30

jobe 1202March 31, 2009 04:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login