Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Anniversary Pool work day.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 04, 2006 10:01PM
Hello Greg :-) The Aniversary pools west wall ( towards the creek ) is pretty tall, and is only one set of rocks thick, but appears pretty solid to me. I would be more inclined to fixing any breaches, when they occur. The pool has been there since the early 90,s, and has held up quite well. If some folks feel a further strengthening of this west wall is needed, I would suggest using large rocks at the outside base, dug down as close to any possible solid base as possible, then work up from there with cement, and more rocks, fusing the new wall with the existing one, creating the desired thicker, and stronger wall. A good way to carry larger boulders that I have used before, using two, or even four people, is to use long, straight tree branches, wrap the rock in a strong blanket or tarp, then wrap the ends of the blanket over the poles and back towards the rock with the ends, then wrap duck tape tightly around the blanket ends, just below the poles. Lifting up on the pole ends makes it much easier to carry large boulders from one location to another. You can also carry a number of boulders this same way. Just something that has worked well for me on past similiar projects. All you have to bring down is the blanket/tarp and duck tape :-) The more people working on a project like that, the easier it will be, and, it doesn't have to be completed in one work session. Perhaps those interested can meet on one of DCV,s monthly meeting days. I guess if enough people showed interest, we could work out the details from there. Also, when doing projects like these, many times other visitors present during the day of the work, often offer some measure of help too.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anniversary Pool work day.

Mr Nude Hiker 1186April 04, 2006 09:04PM

Wizard 655April 04, 2006 10:01PM

CanadaDan 719April 05, 2006 04:06AM

CanadaDan 718April 21, 2006 11:15AM

Mr Nude Hiker 1258April 21, 2006 10:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login