Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

SC87

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 01, 2009 01:04PM
My first SC1 ( The storm is coming ) post:

" Author: Wizard
Date: 10-17-05 22:04

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd131.htm - The warning bells have been sounding, but most have been asleep, content in thier belief, that the mirage of the good times will never end. A twisted web of denial and misconceptions, purposeful and otherwise, has brought us to this place, facing this building storm, just now on the horizen, a grave threat, for all of us, and to the lifestyles we have come to know. We are on a pinnacle, and yet, we are on the edge. Become aware and prepare, for the tidal wave of change that is coming. "

The outer bands of this great storm have arrived, and the mayhem it will bring are just beginning. All the documentation from SC1 through the most recent SC86 are my efforts to show you the huge scope and depth of these myriad great troubles we are now facing.

Another post from SC1:

Date: 10-18-05 21:02

This article, is just one small piece, of the complex puzzle, that is the state of affairs, in our world societies, and how they are transforming in very dire directions. A pandora's box has been opened, by the atributes of the human mind. The soft greyflesh, pushes the material vessel of self, in so many contradictory directions. Perhaps in the end we will find, when it comes to natural selection, there is a fatal flaw in the program of our convoluted, biological computer machines, our minds. The more intricate we weave the web of our social fabric, the more uncontrolable the creation is becoming. So decipher the patterns of the Grand Play of life as best you can, because in my opinion, the not too distant years, will provide many alarming realities to be prepared for, both mentally, and in the way we live out our lives. "

This post addresses the issue of whether the complex inter-relationships and ramifications of the evolution of humanities various courses of behavior and structures is showing us the very grave reality that it is all ( the human journey ) spinning wildly out of control. Our greyflesh ( our minds ) contain within its nature the inherent mechanisms and manner that produces the long list of travails that are now befalling humanity. Like a computer program with an unforseen fatal flaw that ultimately causes its own destruction. In other words, as smart as we think we are, the physical attribute ( our minds ) that has given us as a species the ability to proliferate in numbers and impact across the planet is an adaptation that will prove in the end to be truly unsuccessful and very damaging to all things living and to the biosphere itself.

Next are two post from SC2 ( Storm Coming II ) to a friend of mine who lives in England:

Date: 11-09-05 22:07

A letter to an English Friend of mine------ Yes, I'd say thats the way things appear to be headed. We are now rapidly approaching 7 billion people on the planet, rising to pehaps 9 billion around 2050, by some estimates. However, if hydrocarbon depletions dire case senarios play out as suggested, we may never reach the 9 billion figure. Some scientist suggest that 2 billion, is along the lines of how many people could live in sustainable societes, spread across the earth. Cheap energy has driven the explosion of wealth and populations in the last 150 years world wide. Hydrocarbons run 90% of the transportation, ships, planes, trains, trucks and everything else. Farming in today's world has transformed itself to be completely dependant, in huge ways on cheap energy. But now, the days of cheap energy are coming to an end, and it all adds up to a crisis facing humanity, a coming time of great consequence, transformations, and great struggles between the people of the planet, for what resources are left. It also looks to be the case, that all the alternative energy sources, will not come close, to filling the void left behind, when hydrocarbon supplies start sliding down the backside of thier seperate peaks. So things are looking grim to say the least. Of course we all hope for a future, that is not as bleak as what is suggested above, but when I put all the signs together, it doesn't look to me as if the headlong, mass consumer, rush to build and " progress ", and proliferate ourselves across the planet like lemmings, is not leading us toward a series of cliffs, disasters of great human suffering, and conflict! Of course, how the future will actually play out, remains to be seen. I will be keeping abreast of developments, through various information sources, so there will be a chance of preparing in what ways we can, for a world, that may become, more of a struggle to live in, as compared to the days of our lives thusfar. This thing is like a big wheel, rolling along, and I can't see how it will be stopped, how it will not crush many, but, if we educate ourselves about it, and become aware of its nature, just maybe, we can make ourselves a special niche, with like minded peoples, living sustainable lifestyles, away from the path of this big wheel. My simple way of describing the possiblilities, of a hopeful future beyond the problems now coming. "

Date: 11-09-05 22:13

Follow up letter------Hello John :-) What you say is true. We have been fortunate to have lived so far, in a great, amazing time, of plenty. But it has come at a great cost to earth's overall environment, and to the poorer people of the planet. And now, in the coming years, there will be a multitude of hard choices to be faced, in order to cope, with the loss of the energy sources of Oil and Natural Gas that drove all of this mind boggling development, and population growth. I think this unprecedented transition period will be highly tumultous, on a whole host of fronts. It is a daunting prospect to try and decide for oneself just what we should do, to prepare for what looks to be, the coming of very challenging times. Just what are the solutions, that can put a person, and thier family in a relatively safe place, in hopes of avoiding the hardship of not having what you need to survive. I think the beginning of this task, is trying to develop for oneself a lifestyle that could be sustained on a very basic level, water, heat, food, clothing, etc, then things could be added, if, they were sustainable. But, the idea of a family sustaining itself, without the world of jobs, and money, is completely foriegn to what we have lived. People are inclined to want to preserve the status quo until they reach a crisis point, that forces the issue of change. And also very important to consider, is the social unrest that will occur, if the infrastructures of the large societies of the world collapse, because of the disappearing energy supplies that ran everything. You might be capable of setting up a sustainable situation, in some given environment, most likely in a small community situation, in a forested area with good water sources. But whose to say that roving bands of, politely put, " ill mannered folks ", might not come along to take what you have, just like it was through past history, over and over. Loot and pillage, is the name of the game, when social order breaks down, and the law of the jungle returns. Well John, we will just have to do the best we can, to meet whats coming in our future. I think it is helpful to try and keep abreast of the landscape of whats happening. Maybe, the process of transformation won't be as bleak as what I've discussed above, but from my perspective, it looks like trouble is coming. Well, we shall see how all of this actually plays out, and plan as best we can. Good to hear from you my friend. I have always enjoyed greatly the person you are, your pleasing manner and considerate mind. Besides these problems of the world, I always remember and appreciate the wonderful things of this life, and will continue enjoying them, hopefully to the end of my days :-) "

All of what I have discussed in these two letters is showing itself to be completely relevant to what has occured since I wrote them. Since then we have experienced a massive increase in energy prices up to last summer, which then helped greatly to start the process of knocking down the dominos of our " house of cards " fraudulent ponzi economies that had been built up in recent decades. Humanities proliferation and numbers was only made possible through our usage of the stored energy of ancient sunlight ( hydrocarbon energy sources ). The evidence is becoming very clear that at the pace world economies were growing at up to around 2005 that we were reaching the peak capacity of world oil production.
World oil production has been flat for the three years since. If the world economies would have tried to proceed on the same rampant growth path the price of oil would have continued to skyrocket from its attained heights of around $150 a barrel because world production would then have started into the downsloping side of the production bell curve. By the 2010 to 2015 time fram this reduced production ability would very well have become catastropic in scope and repercussions.
But since the world economies are now in a fast and extreme collapse, the world's attention is now shifted to trying to prop up the elite created scam economies, trying to preserve the elite financiers and their ilk at all cost, at the expense of the common people, those of us, the taxpayers. People see oil at roughly $40 dollars a barrel and therefor suffer the illusion that our troubles with energy ( specifically ) were just a mirage and is therefor not something that they need to be concerned with. They are wrong.
If the world economies try to ramp back up to the pace we were at before the now occurring drastic economic downturn conditions, we will be right back into skyrocketing energy prices once again and actually we will be in a worse position since what is now occuring because of the worldwide economic collapse is that future energy development is not being done for a whole host of reasons related to these dire economic events.
The world in 2005 was running pretty much a dead even race between oil reserve natural depletion rates and that which new discovery replacement of what was lost could deliver. People just don't realize that it is an irrufutable fact that the actual volume worldwide of new oil discoveries has been declining since the mid 1960's. We have only had more oil since then because our technologically developed new abilities have been pulling oil in existing wells out of the ground at higher and higher rates than was previously possible. The fact in the end will bring us to extreme energy crisis much quicker.
So in consideration of all of this we are now entering a new era for humanity in which we will have to face for the foreseable future declining economic conditions, and these developments may very well become catastropic in scope. Hydrocarbon energy is a form of power we harnessed that enabled humanity to do things it never would have done without it. This energy is the collected storage of the power the sun shining down on the earth over countless millions of years, and then it was transformed through geologic processes over countless more millions of years. As time goes by, we will have to return to lifestyles that depend on what the sun's energy can give us, year by single year. This amount of energy will be infintessimal compared to the massive amounts of power that have been provided by hydrocarbon energy sources.
The massive complex world economies could not have existed without the power we tapped into of hydrocarbon energy. As this energy supply collapses, so will go the world economies. This loss energy, concentrated fuel that enabled humanity across the world to produce mass agriculture and which was needed to feed the huge numbers of population will cause untold human calamities. The mass transportation that enabled the movement of the agricultural products ( machinary, shipping, ferterlizer, etc ) as well as the transportation nesecary to run modern econmies will collapse as well. All of these interelationships have been dicussed in depth in SC postings.
So this is what we're facing. The more sustainable and simple you can make your life, the better a position you will be in to try and weather this coming great storm of change. It can be truly said however that things may very well get so drastic that even the best prepared will be completely overwhelmed by events as they unfold. Say for example those that have diligently preparing sustainable situations in remote areas where they may feel they are relatively protected can easily be over-run by those ill mannered peoples ( that surely will be unleashed by events ) who have not prepared and are seeking to take what they want were ever they can by whatever means they wish. Law of the jungle behavior, our basic human nature, suppressed somewhat during times of plenty, will become much more prevelant as economic ( therefore human wellbeing ) conditions drastically decline.
Here in the US we have been exceptionally insulated from the dire human conditions of travesty that have been on-going all across the world, past and present. The times of great prosperity ( provided by hydrocarbon energy and our transient peak of power ) will now be evolving into times of hardship for the US, and along with this will come the dire consequent social repercussions.
In my continueing SC postings, I will be seeking to bring you more important pieces of this evolving period of decline. Things that will hopefully provide important pieces to the puzzle to help you gain a clearer picture of just where you and your family stand in regards to these great changes. The more clearly you see the landscape of what is occuring, the better position you will hopefully be in to make the exceedingly important decisions that will effect you and your families wellbeing. This meltdown of conditions looks likely to contunue to head in a negative direction, and realistically there is no evidence to be seen that there is anything that will offer a " light at the end of the tunnel ". The time to make what preperations you can is now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SC87

Wizard 1229March 01, 2009 01:04PM

Re: SC87

Wizard 1047March 01, 2009 09:37PM

Wizard 804March 01, 2009 09:59PM

Wizard 1065March 02, 2009 10:27PM

Wizard 787March 03, 2009 09:57PM

Wizard 829March 04, 2009 10:28PM

Wizard 791March 06, 2009 02:20PM

Wizard 845March 06, 2009 09:32PM

Wizard 917March 06, 2009 09:49PM

Wizard 724March 07, 2009 08:29PM

Wizard 744March 07, 2009 09:40PM

Wizard 828March 09, 2009 09:27PM

Wizard 850March 09, 2009 10:51PM

Wizard 818March 10, 2009 09:21PM

Wizard 1336March 11, 2009 10:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login