Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS/4-1

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 02, 2006 04:01PM
I was joined by my daughters, and friends Abe and Ursula on the first day of April, for a hike to DCHS. The morning weather looked threatening with cold and windy conditions and clouds, but things warmed up by afternoon and the sun was in abundance by 1PM. Deep Creek level is up, from snow melt and recent rains. We brought my River Rat tube and some rope. We constructed the River Rat Ferrry which was in full operation all afternoon, till near sunset :-) Recent flooding has removed quite a bit of sand from DCHS Del Mar, down on the stream side. Most of the beach remains and will likely be there for this summer's visitors. The Arizona pool was under the creek waters. The Serenity pool was mostly filled with sand from the flooding. The womb has some more sand in it from the flooding and is about 5 feet deep and clean. Aniversary pool is clean, running around 106 temp. The shower pipe set up has disappeared. Don't know why someone would take the pipes? Maybe about 30 people visiting throughout the day. A couple of Mallard ducks, male and female where cruising around the Lagoon throughout the day. Near the end of the day when things where cooling off, we announced that the River Rat Ferry was closing, and the area around the Crab Cooker, filled up with Ferrry Patrons, lining up for the last rides across :-) Great spring day with comfortable temps on the hike out. I put 4 pics at Wizard's picture, last two on page 44, and two on page 45. Also some areas of flowers along the Bowen Ranch Trail. Spring has sprung and we will be swimming in the creek soon :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/4-1

Wizard 1263April 02, 2006 04:01PM

Re: DCHS/4-1

LaughingBear 674April 02, 2006 09:24PM

Mr Nude Hiker 768April 03, 2006 08:44PM

serenitynow 759April 03, 2006 09:28PM

Paul P. 1287April 03, 2006 10:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login