Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report - SuperBowl Sunday (February 1)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 03, 2009 11:48AM
This was our first trip to DCHS and what an excellent morning it was. The weather was perfect, the crowd small and friendly, and the area clean.

We hiked in from Bowen Ranch without any problem. The raft has deflated so we left our clothes and packs on the rocks and waded the icy cold waters.

We spent most of our time in the Anniversary pool enjoying OUR anniversary. Chatted with several regulars before making our way to the "womb". I have to say we didn't stay long as this seemed to be a "family" pool with all clothed soakers; including children. We cooked in the crab cooker before returning to the anniversary pool.

As we returned to our gear a rather large group was coming in from Bowen Ranch; not sure if they really wanted to brave the icy water but they did eventually strip to their bathing suits and made the crossing.

Overall a very enjoyable time. In the future we will return early and leave before the crowds come as we did this trip.

Before I close can someone give me general directions to the parking lot at the 3W02 trailhead? We have a Jeep and next time will come in this way.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report - SuperBowl Sunday (February 1)

DesertCAT 1250February 03, 2009 11:48AM

Re: Trip Report - SuperBowl Sunday (February 1)

jobe 662February 03, 2009 06:44PM

Rudedog 768February 06, 2009 10:26PM

Paul P. 1352February 07, 2009 08:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login