All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2001 09:34AM
People cleaning up trash at the springs anytime is a good thing. Your right paul, every time I hike to the springs, one of the things I always bring with me is a big trash bag. Never been disappointed yet in finding something to put in it :-) I'm glad to see this annual cleanup happen but the best thing is for everyone to bring a trash bag when they go to the springs and spend 5 or 10 minutes just picking up trash in the area. In the summer season years ago I used to take out large 30 gallon trash bags full of trash and when these bags had a lot of glass beer bottles and cans it would weigh quite alot. I would hike out with all my hiking gear for the weekend and the trash and I can tell ya some days I felt like a pack mule. But it was always satisfying when I finally reached my car knowing I had done a good deed for this place we love. These days being a bit older I don't quite have the youthful energy of those days but still always bring out what I can manage without turning my hike out into a real burden. If everybody does a little then the job of keeping the springs area clean is easy, despite the knuckleheads ( I've got better names for these people! ) who show disrespect for these beautiful springs. It looks like I won't be able to make it on this cleanup day since my wifes mom is very ill and we will be going to visit her this Sunday. Hope they get a decent turnout :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Clean-up Day Planned

Katrina 1775April 25, 2001 09:11PM

Re: Clean-up Day Planned

Paul P. 846April 25, 2001 10:24PM

Re: Clean-up Day Planned

Wizard 1358April 26, 2001 09:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login