Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report - 11/7/08

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 09, 2008 12:35PM
I was finally able to make it to the springs on Friday at around 11am, it had been a few months since my last visit. It was a little windy at the top of the trail but once in the canyon it warmed up nicely. By the time I reached the creek I was ready for a cool dip. Crossing the creek the water only came up to mid thigh and there was a very slow current so it was easy to cross. There were six people at the springs, 3 of them textile, they were relaxing in the womb. After undressing and crossing the creek I set down my gear by the womb and swam up the creek to the Arizona pool. Someone did a very nice job of building up the wall around this pool. I had a good time chatting with a couple in the Arizona pool while we soaked. I then went to the crab cooker but was suprised that it was not as warm as I remembered. Next I went down to the womb and found it about as warm as the crab cooker. I had the womb all to myself for almost a hour, very peaceful and totally relaxing. While I was there another textile couple showed up and stayed in the pools below the womb.
Unfortunately I had to leave at around 3pm. I was pleasantly suprised to find no trash around the springs, people have been very good about keeping it clean, maybe because it is off season or maybe I just was fortunate to come by after someone did a thorough clean up. Whoever did it... thanks, your efforts are noticed and appreciated. The pools had a good bit of algae on the rocks but the water was clear. I did not notice how much junk was in the bottom of the womb, I could barely touch the bottom under the water fall.
The weather was still warm in the canyon, I was able to hike out barefoot and I did not have to get dressed until I was just short of the parking lot. I ran into one another couple coming down the trail with backpacks on.
It was a great trip and I can't wait to come back, hopefully before it gets too cold.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report - 11/7/08

lbcalrr 1170November 09, 2008 12:35PM

Re: Trip report - 11/7/08

jobe 678November 09, 2008 01:09PM

jobe 661November 09, 2008 01:17PM

Rick 670November 09, 2008 01:35PM

Wizard 1190November 09, 2008 08:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login