Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lets Party :-(

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 14, 2002 08:54PM
DCR, I don't know how to set up a link to that article since I've never done anything like that. Rick or Gail may know how to do this. The information above is all I can give you and I did keep a copy of the whole article. Maybe I'll see if it will scan ok and then I could put it on the Wizards Pictures site. I'll let you know if it work ok. Today I called the writter of the article ( Susan D Lawson ) and talked with her about my concerns related to her listing DCHS as a Desert Party Locale. I contacted Susan at the Daily Press by calling 760-241-7744 and asking for her by name. She was friendly in our conversation. In talking with her I found out that she has never been to DCHS and that a freind of hers told her about the springs. I expressed to her that we didn't want to invite the kind of people who may trash and degrade the springs like the kind of thing that has happened downstream around the Mohave Dam which has suffered greatly with trash, graffiti, broken glass, vandalism etc. She seems to think that the springs is a party zone where people smoke lots of marijuana and induldge in " extracuricular " activities. She mentioned (several times ) that people skinny dip down there and I would say she has probably not been around a clothing optional environment or see's naturism as being something slightly threatening. She mentioned that she wouldn't want to take her children there because of the clothing optional situation. I told her that I take my kids all the time and that there are a wide range of good people who go to the springs. She doesn't strike me as a person who means any ill will toward DCHS but I know she does not understand the full scope of what DCHS is and that there are many good people there doing what they can to keep the place in good condition. My basic suggestion to her was that I had no problem with her listing DCHS as a hiking destination but that it was a potential threat to the springs to suggest it as a party place. I told her that I thought the rest of her article was nicely done and that I would be checking out some of the places on her list of destinations. There was a big crowd up at the springs on Sunday and I wondered if the article had helped produce the abundance of visitors. The weather lately has been pleasant and warm and I'm sure this contributed to more people than usual for a January day. Well thats my good deed for the springs today :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lets Party :-(

Wizard 2002January 13, 2002 10:09PM

DCR 671January 14, 2002 02:48PM

DCR 776January 14, 2002 02:48PM

Wizard 776January 14, 2002 08:54PM

katrina 662January 15, 2002 05:42PM

Wizard 644January 14, 2002 09:59PM

DCR 866January 15, 2002 07:27AM

Paul P. 791January 15, 2002 05:32PM

Wizard 775January 15, 2002 09:19PM

katrina 1226January 16, 2002 12:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login