Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

DCV Day/1-29

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 30, 2006 10:38PM
Ron Mercer ( DCV Group Coordinator ) and I went down to DCHS yesterday for DCV Day. Saturday was the scheduled day, but due to other obligations we had to make it Sunday instead. I arrived first around 10 AM and picked up trash, washed down the rocks around the main pools, then hit the Womb for a soak. I was just beginning a second round of Trash Hunting when Ron showed up, so we ended up working on this project in tandem. We covered all the areas from DCHS Del Mar, all around the Hot Pools, and across the creek to the other beach area. Afterwards we soaked and chatted through the afternoon with a number of folks. There was quite a good crowd, with maybe around 25 aprox visitors. The creek is at normal levels, easily waded,basically the same as summer stream heights. Also the Rock Crossing upstream is doable, just don't fall! The hotpools are all fine, except the Arizona Pool which is pretty low due to its excessive, and hard to find leaks. The Serenity pool could use a good vacum job. I'll have to look for that hose on my next visit. It was Prrrrrrrfct day with warm temps, blue skys, and no breezes. The Bowen Ranch Rd is in good shape with no problems. Hopefully well get some decent rains before summer, or them thar hills will be mighty dry! I saw a number of big Birds of Prey flying high over DCHS in late morning, possibly a couple of Golden Eagles. A Kingfisher came by quickly, flying up the canyon, and around sunset, believe it or not, I saw a couple of Bats. Now thats a Global Warming sign for sure, since those critters are usually sleeping in thier caves during winters cold months :-) Deep Creeks waters are wonderfully clear and because of the calm air, you could readily see the topography of the bottom of the Lagoon, where there are lots of granite slabs, and many individual rocks are exposed, due to last years Big Floods. There are seven new photos at the Wizard's pictures link below, all on page 44. Pics 4 and 5 were taken on a hike I did last week into Granite Mountains, just east of our home. Pics 6-9 where taken yesterday ( 1-29 ) at DCHS. Pic seven is for the Dreamers :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV Day/1-29

Wizard 1099January 30, 2006 10:38PM

Re: DCV Day/1-29

CanadaDan 861January 31, 2006 12:14PM

Gary 660January 31, 2006 03:34PM

Wizard 737February 01, 2006 10:11AM

Wizard 653February 01, 2006 09:50AM

Paul P. 873February 01, 2006 10:20AM

Gary 1297February 01, 2006 01:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login