Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

New improved graffitti removal method -

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 24, 2008 07:19PM
Since my last post about Gold Strike hot springs I have been busy removing painted arrows on the rocks all over that canyon. Doing this I have gotten better at removing paint from the rocks there. Experimenting with differant methods this is the best I have found so far.
At Home Depot , the closest hardware store to my house , I bought a one quart can of Strip ez refurbisher and another quart can of paint remover. One was @ $3.50 the other was @ $4.50 and one comes with a spray bottle which can be used to spray either formula. Also I bought a small flat wire brush with a handle @ 6 inches long. The brush was on a shelf near the strip ez, it cost $1.29.
I spray on either formula on the ugly paint, wait @ 5 minuets and scrub off the ugly crap. I repeat this @ 2-4 times as nessasary until the desired effect is reached.
I removed 23 arrows with the 1/2 gallon of strip ez using this method. Only to find four more arrows as I left the canyon.
Last weekend, I went another 1/2 mile past the pools to the Colorado river. Only to find several more arrows that WILL be removed very soon.
I hope this helps some good harted nature lover some where.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New improved graffitti removal method -

jobe 1014January 24, 2008 07:19PM

Re: New improved graffitti removal method -

Paul P. 1048January 24, 2008 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login