Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Thanks! (BadBack?/Directions?)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 02, 2006 11:31PM
Thanks guys for the incredible help. We made it out there Thursday in about two hours from Westwood with no traffic. Got there around noon, easily, with all your help. We visited with the guys at the gate and they were great. The air was cold and clear, leaving the sky a rich blue. The hike, both ways, (even returning in the dark), was no problem. My friend did manage to slip a bit on the rock after crossing the river, thus re-injuring his back slightly, but the waters, overall, were magic. We just merged into the beauty of it. Very peaceful small gathering. There were a couple Asian families in suits, but everyone else was bare - so it was totally comfortable going that way. I'm used to doing marathon cooking in saunas, then staying awhile in cold pools, but that river felt really cold. I boiled away and still couldn't swim very long in that water until my limbs started feeling numb. I went back and forth, finding that zen mind/body peace, staring out in bliss, witnessing the still clear light of day become night. The sun had been bright and warmed us on the sand, and somehow, once it had gone, we were able to hike the entire way back in the dark, with no moon, without turning on our flashlights more than three or four times. Then we stood up by the car just looking at the stars... which seemed to rain down upon us. You guys are noble stewards of a very sacred place. Thanks.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thanks! (BadBack?/Directions?)

Edward Armendarez 1043January 02, 2006 11:31PM

Re: Thanks! (BadBack?/Directions?)

Paul P. 1204January 03, 2006 09:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login