Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Incredible winds in the High Desert

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 02, 2006 01:16PM
This morning I awoke to hear loud banging outside my room on the southern side of our house. I thought our big Swamp Cooler was being blown about by the amazingly strong winds. The sound ended up being masonery roof tiles being blown up and down by the wind. Eventually some flew off the roof. Our spa cover starting coming loose, and my wife got hit by it when she tried to secure it. Part of our new wood fence broke apart. There was so much dust and sand in the air, that at times you could only see about 100 feet. I had to wear some saftey glasses to keep all the stuff out of my eyes. Strongest winds we have seen here yet. Our power went out for awhile, but is now back on. Getting spotty signal with our satalite dishe TV. Bear, our pooch escaped through the broken fence but we found him later on. Now the rain has been falling for some time, glad to finally get some. Looks like we will be back to some better weather, once this blows through today :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Incredible winds in the High Desert

Wizard 1132January 02, 2006 01:16PM

Re: Incredible winds in the High Desert

Wizard 581January 02, 2006 01:17PM

Rick 747January 02, 2006 03:41PM

LaughingBear 517January 02, 2006 10:12PM

Wizard 1054January 03, 2006 11:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login