All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 08, 2002 10:22PM
When I got to where I park to start my hike to the springs today the weather was so warm that I threw off all my clothes and ran around yelling, Mr. Wizard, Mr. Wizard. Ok, I'm not that far gone, yet, but I did do a fine winters day nekid hike to the springs today. It felt like it was close to 80 degrees in the sunshine just after noon when I started. As I walked down a beautiful canyon with lots of great granite rock formations along the way I was thinking, here I am enjoying a cool hike in the sunshine in nothing but skin, ok, I did have shoes and socks on, and back on the east coast their gettin there butts kicked by a cooooooold winter storm. Us Californians, we got it good eh! Anyway the hike down was fine and when I reached one spot in the trail I could see Mt Baldy in the distance while looking down the Deep Creek Canyon. Nothin but clean air, blue skys and lots of warm sunshine. When I got to OZ there were a few people wandering around, shaking their heads, and saying to themselves " Where's the yellow brick road? ", and one person was soaking in the Womb and asking if anyone had seen his dog named Toto :-) Later, 3 more people got in, normal folk, including 2 familiar faces, Steve and Jim. Steve told us that he had just come down from Las Vegas were he had been gambling and doing other fun things :-) and after a soak he was headed home to the LA Area. Jim is a paramedic who lives near the beach and he was up with his two big Malamutts. I know I probably spelled the dog type wrong, the mutts part doesn't look right :-) There was another guy Joe down from the San Francisco area and he was a teacher. We all had a real nice conversation for a couple of hours. Finally I remembered that I had to get home to the Emerald City to pick up the Munchkins from day care. Oops, the time was about 4:35 PM and I had to get them by 6 PM. So I dressed quickly and did a hurried hike and drive home and made it with 3 minutes to spare, No problem :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nekid Hiking :-)

Wizard 1408January 08, 2002 10:22PM

Re: Nekid Hiking :-)

Craig 834January 08, 2002 11:16PM

Nate 723January 08, 2002 11:40PM

Paul P. 718January 09, 2002 12:29PM

HikerRick 973January 10, 2002 03:08AM

Wizard 800January 10, 2002 09:31AM

Paul P. 688January 10, 2002 11:21PM

TikiBeachClub 669January 20, 2002 04:35PM

UKNick 1212April 13, 2003 03:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login