Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

FIRE!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 06, 2007 07:37AM
I took some pictures of the fire -- the SMOKE -- rising into the sky due west of the Springs last Saturday.

I'm not sure where to post them yet... Help, Mr Wizard!

There were 50-60 people at the Springs that day, and since none of us new exactly how far away the fire actually was, people were getting a little scared to say the least. At least HALF left prematurely around 2:30pm when the smoke clouds erupted for a 2nd time looking even more menacing than the 1st, towering high in the western sky, and giving the afternoon light an erie orange tint and appearing to be moving towards and very near the Springs.

I stayed, as did several others.

The next day I drove up Deep Creek Road to see that the fire was no closer than Arrowhead Lakes Road - about 6 miles from the Springs -- west of Arrowhead Lakes Road. It did apparently come right into the backyards of several homes there along that road, but did no damage, apparently. Whew!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FIRE!

Naked Man 1513April 06, 2007 07:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login