Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

The Galactic Neighborhood

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 27, 2007 09:15AM
Weather having slowed hot springs visitations and posting to the Forum, I offer for your (skeptical?) perusal answers to questions posed to a Teacher in 2001.

It offers an expanded perspective of Wizard's "Storm Coming" threads. I have taken liberty to excerpt in the interest of brevity and also to replace the galactic name for this planet with "Earth".

"The question arises, "How can you be investing your energies in speculation of what may be going on in outer space when you understand the tremendous needs of (Earth)?" I am amused by such an approach for the fact is the perspective of a galactic neighborhood is the perspective that will give you the vantage point that will enable you to be sufficiently motivated in a social sense, in a political sense, in a scientific sense, that will help apply the spiritual pressure that will bring about the realization that we are all about life.
When you have been isolated, as is the case on (Earth) and these other neighboring worlds which have been separated by the quarantine, there is what we might call a very ‘‘provincial' attitude about the, what we might call ‘‘metropolis' of the cosmos at large. I'm reminded of some of your quaint attitudes of limiting your perspectives by your own reasoning, such as, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Well, it may not be broken from your vantage point but if you take the farther view, you may see that while you are moving along at a merry clip, your neighbors are hobbling and even crippled, but if you don't care about your neighbors, what difference does it make? Don't bother with it. "It ain't broke; don't try to fix it."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Galactic Neighborhood

mojavegreen 1057February 27, 2007 09:15AM

Re: The Galactic Neighborhood

mojavegreen 682February 28, 2007 08:34AM

LaughingBear 637February 28, 2007 10:31AM

mojavegreen 651February 28, 2007 01:36PM

mojavegreen 883February 28, 2007 01:39PM

mojavegreen 701March 01, 2007 08:16AM

mojavegreen 648March 02, 2007 08:11AM

mojavegreen 768March 02, 2007 07:43PM

LaughingBear 622March 02, 2007 09:05PM

mojavegreen 724March 03, 2007 07:45PM

LaughingBear 1312March 06, 2007 09:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login