Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

What I think about OHV's

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 07, 2005 09:36PM
I think there has been no enforcement of existing laws, which would have helped in placing a check on the lawlessness. However, as the population of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties increases there will be more disputes over these issues between private property owners and OHV riders.

However, one of the problems is that much of the private property is not fenced or marked as private. If there were proper signs, then the private property owner could do a citizen arrest for trespass if the person were on their private property. I am concerned about laws that are subject to personal interpretation not clearly defined guidelines. These type of laws can be abused and arbitrarily enforced.

On public land managed by the BLM, the OHV riders have a right to ride on public land based on the Federal Land Management Act enacted by Congress. This would be unless the area had a special designation stating otherwise.

OHV activity leaves its mark on the land, is very noisy and dusty and offends many people and wildlife around them.

I think there should be designated areas for OHV activity, otherwise, if on public land or U. S. Forest land, the vehicles should stay on marked trails. It seems to me that the corporations who are profiting from the sale of these vehicles should also be a part of educating the purchasers, contributing to the cost of enforcement and providing places for these individuals to ride. This is a billion dollar industry that profits on the sales, however, does not deal with the repercussions caused by their purchasers.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Neighbors express off-road rage

katrina island 1183November 04, 2005 02:42PM

Dustup over Off Roading - Debate Continues

katrina island 658November 05, 2005 01:40PM

Re: Neighbors express off-road rage

LaughingBear 639November 05, 2005 06:03PM

Re:OHV ordinance

LaughingBear 652November 06, 2005 10:07PM

What I think about OHV's

katrina island 692November 07, 2005 09:36PM

Re: What I think about OHV's

mojavegreen 709November 08, 2005 01:15PM

Rick 651November 08, 2005 01:31PM

LaughingBear 1317November 08, 2005 10:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login