Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Xmas Eve Trip Report / 12-24

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 24, 2006 11:17PM
Seems to me I heard that guy up north of us was askin for a DCHS trip report, was it Santa Claus maybe, but then Santa doesn't live in Utah, and his names not Gary, as far as I know :-) Well I did a hike down to DCHS today. Beautiful weather, coolish but you could catch some rays in the sun without yer clothes on :-) Crossed the creek at the Rock Crossing upstream from the hotpools which was great since I wasn't looking forward to wading those frigid December creek waters. Gang of local regulars down for the day, Bob, Don, Stanely, Gary, and Pete, and of course, myself :-) Some young folks soakin in the Womb who had hitch hiked out from Colorado right after the big storm they had last week. Hot pools are all lookin good and clean, as well as the general area regarding trash. No sun at the main pools this time of year. I hiked back around sunset with a quarter moon off to the south. Real nice day for a hike to the springs. As usual, when it was time to go, I didn't really want to leave, par for the course when it comes to DCHS. I put 12 photos taken today on my hike, and at DCHS, at the Wizard's pictures site below, last photo on page 42, and 11 pics on page 43. That ought to keep ol Gary satisfied till the next time he visits our little paradise of DCHS, Happy Holidays :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Xmas Eve Trip Report / 12-24

Wizard 1036December 24, 2006 11:17PM

Re: Xmas Eve Trip Report / 12-24

LaughingBear 1195December 25, 2006 11:05AM

Re: Xmas Eve Trip Report / 12-24

Gary 1230January 02, 2007 12:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login