Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bradford Ridge Trail vs Bowen Ranch travel time from LA area

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 22, 2005 01:43PM
Thanks Jobe, I am planning a trip up to the springs on Wednesday. I usually like to get an early start out of Long Beach (5 or 6 am) to beat the traffic. In the past when I have left this early I have found the cable strung across the parking lot access at Bowen Ranch sad smiley . I bought a annual Adventure Pass earlier this year but have never used it, now I hear that it may not be needed any more to park at the Bradford Ridge trail head. I have heard different stories about accessing the Brdfrd. Rdge trailhead from Arrowhead vs going by Silverwood lake via 138 and I-15. I did try the Arrowhead route earlier this year but when I got to the gate at Grass Valley it was locked. I had to drive all the way back to the Silverwood lake cut-off and ended up going to the springs via Summit Road then Bowen Ranch road.
I remember the drive up to Arrowhead had a lot of tight slow curves and it seemed at the time to take a long time. At the time I did have a lot of fog to deal with plus it seems like the first time you are on a new road it always feels like it takes longer then when you have done it a couple of times. Have you ever tried the 138 route from I-15 before? I know it is a lot of dirt road driving but does it save any time over the twisty mountain roads to and around Arrowhead?
Thanks for all your help.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bradford Ridge Trail vs Bowen Ranch travel time from LA area

lbcalrr 1370October 22, 2005 09:26AM

jobe 847October 22, 2005 11:03AM

jobe 738October 22, 2005 11:08AM

Rick 838October 22, 2005 11:32AM

jobe 677October 22, 2005 07:43PM

jobe 1305October 23, 2005 10:10PM

lbcalrr 868October 22, 2005 01:43PM

LaughingBear 849October 23, 2005 04:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login