Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The Goldfish are coming!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 21, 2005 10:05PM
Hello Laughing Bear :-) Is that biologist friend of yours Tom Eagen? Thanks for your input about the desert wildlife. I checked out the rocks around me alot while hiking two days ago, after seeing those hoof prints, but I would imagine if it was a Big Horn Sheep, I would be lucky to spot it, even if it was still around that area. The big birds of prey on the other hand, are very abundant in the Granites, and I alway enjoy seeing them on my hikes. I also appreciate the Ravens, great desert survivors, who prowl those mountains in great numbers. I try and get thier attention, with my own Raven call, when they fly overhead, and in most cases, they will turn around and fly back to take a look at what they heard. Many times when I'm up in the steeper areas, they will fly right by, level with my position and very close, which makes it easy to see the wonder of thier effortless flight. Well 8 goldfish are waiting patiently at our digs, ready for transport tomorrow to thier new home at Crystal Oasis. My wife got them at Wal Mart, ten cents apiece! So by late morning Saturday, the Granites will have fish living in them for the first time, and, I figured I better set the fishing rules, barbless hooks, one goldfish limit :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Goldfish are coming!

Wizard 1076October 20, 2005 10:21PM

LaughingBear 574October 21, 2005 09:30PM

Wizard 567October 21, 2005 10:05PM

Wizard 639October 23, 2005 12:52AM

Wizard 1232October 23, 2005 01:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login