Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS / July 22

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 27, 2006 03:34PM
I did a hike down to Deep Creek this last Saturday, amid lots of rain and thunder. A big cell was moving along the south edge of the creek while I was hiking into the canyon, making things a bit exciting, until I reached safer realms down in the canyon. Lots of dark brooding clouds and off and on downpours thoughout the day. I kept alert to any sounds of flash flooding that might come down the creek. The stream was up somewhat from all the rains, but not much. Later in the day while walking the PCT I came across 18 toads at various points sitting on the trail. I don't know if these are the infamous Arroyo Toads. They were about 1 to 2 inches in length, and had lots of black spots on thier backs. Hit DCHS for a swim near sunset. The Cottonwoods on the west end of DCHS Del Mar are growing fast lately, getting quite large. Its starting to look like a little forest over there where they are :-) I put six pics taken on my hike at the Wizard's pictures link below, they are the last photo on page 43, and the five photos on page 44. I have always very much enjoyed the summer thunderstorm days while spending time at Deep Creek :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS / July 22

Wizard 1505July 27, 2006 03:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login