Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS/Memorial Weekend/DCV

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 31, 2006 10:37PM
Well, I had the fortunate opportunity to do three seperate hikes to DCHS with my freind Nevada Naturist, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday :-) Weather was great for Friday and Sunday. Saturday, some of us DCV members met for our end of the month get together and we spent alot of time cleaning out the Anniversary pool with a pool hose and brushes. We also by chance located the big metal, heavy, USFS, Day Use Only sign and resurected it from its hiding place in DCHS Del Mar :-) Saturday the weather started out cloudy, windy and cold, but improved later in the day, with blue sky's and warm temps by late afternoon. My two daughters, and DCV member Ralph's daughter worked alot on digging out the USFS sign too. A fun project for them. There is what looks to be a Timber Rattler who has a den at the north end of DCHS Del Mar, under a big rock, so watch out! On Sunday a guy had a super aggressive Bull Dog across the creek from the Crab Cooker, and it was obviously intent on attacking other dogs, and people too. It was all the guy could do to hold on to the dog. A couple of folks made it clear to the owner, that his dog was gonna go down, if he attacked them, so the owner thankfully hit the road back up the Bowen Trail, and DCHS got peaceful again for the rest of the day. Great time to be had all three days. Lots of sun, swimming, chatting, and enjoyment of Mother Nature's beauty! I put 15 photos taken during our hikes to DCHS this weekend at the Wizard's pictures link below. 5 photos on page 43, and the other 10 pics on page 44. Also got an interesting photo of a Yucca's flowering stalk, that had sent out about 5 additional stalks around the middle of the central one. Never seen that before. We also caught a good sized Horned Toad and got a photo of it. Sure had a great time this Memorial Weekend at DCHS :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/Memorial Weekend/DCV

Wizard 1020May 31, 2006 10:37PM

Re: DCHS/Memorial Weekend/DCV

Wizard 1691May 31, 2006 11:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login