Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

6 years later

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 23, 2005 04:34PM
6 years ago, the Willow fire tore through Deep Creek Hot Springs and raged through the Village. It was amazing that no one lost their life as the fire consumed everything in it's path. The Juniper forest that once was on my land is no more. Only three trees out of over a hundred survived.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the shade of a poplar tree eating a fresh picked peach reflecting on how much healing has occured in the 6 years since those fateful days. The little trees I planted get bigger and bigger everytime I water them. This year, the small fruit orchard produced more peaches than the whole village could eat. There's nothing like a fresh organicly grown peach chilled and eaten, with the juich dribbling down your chin with the first delicious bite. And sitting in SHADE in the warm afternoon. It was serene!

The weather up in Juniper Flats has been beautiful with warm days puncuated by blue blue skies. There is a feel of late summer in the air. The intensity of July has dissapated with the humidity but the nights are still warm and peaceful. Hotspringing couldn't be better as the creek has warmed up to perfect swimming temperature. Weekdays are best as the masses are at work mostly. Bowen Ranch Road has become progressivly narrower and care must be exercised in the corners. It is no longer two lane in places. There are many bumps but the road remains passable for a regular car. I hope forum readers can make a trip soon. This is the perfec time of year to enjoy.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

6 years later

LaughingBear 1552August 23, 2005 04:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login