Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Things I failed to mention...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 13, 2005 06:24PM
On my last trip report - road conditions.
Highway 174 between the spill way and Lake Arrowhead is still closed. A sign on the side of the highway said " for tree removal - highway closed." I drove to the end of the pavement and did not see if it is really closed, however. I remember @15 years ago they had a highway closed sign up. But it was a lie to discorage the roads use. Those who know me know I have very little faith in our government. Espesially with a Bush on the white house.
Two weekends ago I killed two rattle snakes. In 1980 I was bitten by a water moccisin in Florida. The result was three days in the hospital, praying continualy. And a huge fear of snakes. The best way too overcome fear is to face it head on. It has taken me 25 years but I have over come my fear.
I know of and have considered all the arguments....
That snake was not doing me any harm. YES IT WAS. I can not relax after a snake visits.
That snake is a part of the ecosystem. So are the rodents that will feast on the dead snake carcasses.
You should have left it along. I left it where it will leave everyone along, forever. And not send anyone to a hospital.
After I killed these snakes I relaxed very, very well.
Happy hot pottin'
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Things I failed to mention...

jobe 1228July 13, 2005 06:24PM

Re: Things I failed to mention...

Wizard 1121July 13, 2005 08:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login