Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

DCHS/Memorial Weekend

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 30, 2005 10:46PM
Well we hit DCHS on Saturday, some of us in the DCV crew, and the weather was great! As you can imagine there were lots of visitors to the springs this weekend. I started on the shower project but quickly found that I had brought some wrong sized fittings. A temporay shower was arranged to do for the time being. Had a chance to visit many fine folks like, Celtfire, Ralph, Jerry, Greg, Glenn, Dan, Schmo, along with others. We did some trash pick up but found that Frank, a great clean up guy at the springs had already covered the area with his diligent efforts. Good fortune came my way, and found me returning to the springs again on Monday, with my wife and two daughters. This time I made sure to bring the right fittings for the shower project and it is now done, and was being enjoyed by many just after its completion. Jobe helped me a great deal in moving fresh sand in around the Aniversary pool to provide for better walking surfaces around that pool, and to protect the newly installed shower pipe. A bit later Sam D showed up, and provided Jobe and I with two Ice Cold Heinekins, I probably spelled that wrong :-) Anyway, needless to say they went down real nice after our work of moving that sand in the sun :-) We enjoyed the waters of the Arizona Pool, and the cooler waters of the Lagoon. The temps were not as hot as Saturday and very pleasant, and we had fun conversations with more friends from past visits to DCHS. Nice to hear you enjoy my photos Sarah :-) As we know, all good things eventually come to some end, so we finally had to do our hike back out of the Deep Creek Canyon late Monday, away from OZ, back to the default world ( Burners Understand what I'm sayin ) :-) I did take a few photos just as we were leavin late Monday. They are at the Wizard's pictures link below, last three pictures, on page 45. Would have taken more pics, but was too busy on the projects, and just havin fun, it was a great weekend, and the summer has just begun :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/Memorial Weekend

Wizard 1138May 30, 2005 10:46PM

Re: DCHS/Memorial Weekend

dammitchloe 620May 31, 2005 11:28PM

Re: DCHS/Memorial Weekend

Wizard 1157June 01, 2005 11:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login