Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

help from springers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 12, 2005 10:48AM
if anyone has any information that they would specifically like from the BLM concerning the WEMO plan, their protection of ACEC areas, riparian resourses, and historical and cultural sites, please post the information after this thread. I will be filing a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Bureau of Land Management on Monday. I have received no response from their local office for even a copy of the proposed plan. Their website is down "purportedly" for maintenance. I have received the runaround from the state office.

Its time for the BS to end. I'm going to get the information I want, specifically why the areas near the springs have not been protected from ATV use, and why so many other previously "closed" areas are open. It will allege that there is a conspiracy within the local BLM to eliminate federally protected lands in the furtherance of allowing access to off road vehicles. As I have said before, there is too much land out there. It is NOT too much to ask to be able to hike from bowen ranch to the springs and not hear motorized vehicles, or to travel up and down deep creek some and not walk across 4x4 tracks.

So, if anyone has anything specific they want out of BLM, give me the background, the story, the facts, whatever, and ill throw it in my request. We might as well get everything, and the kitchen sink, if this is the only way to find out why their plan was put thogther the way it was. I believe in more than protest. I don't care about their "public comment period", because they don't care and will pass it anyways. The way to stop them is to make the (bureau of lazy men) work. If my FOIA request has not been answered by the time I go to court to argue for a TRO against government enforcement of the plan, I plan on using the documents I receive to defend my position, or the fact that I have not received them as required as proof of inadequate and sloppy protection of the areas they are required to protect.

god save the queen
mike
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

help from springers

serenitynow 1060May 12, 2005 10:48AM

Re: help from springers

LaughingBear 754May 13, 2005 03:02PM

Steamboat 739May 13, 2005 03:19PM

Paul P. 672May 13, 2005 03:49PM

Having an impact!

Steamboat 657May 13, 2005 04:31PM

LaughingBear 657May 13, 2005 03:16PM

serenitynow 653May 13, 2005 04:43PM

The $7,505 + FOIA

katrina island 693May 15, 2005 02:51PM

LaughingBear 697May 15, 2005 07:50PM

serenitynow 1143May 16, 2005 01:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login