All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 17, 2005 02:11PM
My faithful pooches and I hit Deep Creek yesterday ( 7-16 ) and DCHS later in the afternoon. Very hot when we descended into the canyon at around 11 AM. I brought extra water for my doggies to keep them hydrated on the way in. We hit the water as soon as we arrived at the creek and man was that refreshing :-) Spent the day taking dips and enjoying the great scenery down there. My pooches got spooked by a rattlesnake in some thick green plants along the creeks edge. I splashed it with some water which sent it crawling back deeper into the bushes. The creek waters were fabulous with little to just light breezes at times. Hit DCHS late in the afternoon and there were maybe 15 people or so there. One guy pulled out a handgun in the area of the beach across from the Crab Cooker and fired off a round which naturally alarmed the other visitors. These men then started thier hike out. firing off the gun a few more times over the next 20 minutes. All were glad that this guy with the gun left. Glad to see that the shower pipe is flowing again. Someone must have cleaned it out. I had brought some inch and a half couplers and was going to cut the pipe and find the blockage but didn't have too. Had a great day hiking and swimming and looking forward to getting back down there soon. I put 13 pictures taken on my hike yesterday at the Wizard's pictures link below. There are 3 photos on page 44, and the other 10 on page 45. The heat in the canyon during the day has been very intense and visitors should be VERY careful, bringing plenty of water and avoid hiking during the hot part of the day. Also be careful of your canine hiking pals. My friend was doing a hike with me into the Deep Creek canyon a couple of summers ago on a very hot day, and unfortunately his dog died on the way in, before he reached the creek. It was a big black shepard and most likely the intense heat was the cause of its death. Best to hike in during the cooler early mornings, and hike out very late in the day.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Photos, Deep Creek and DCHS

Wizard 1549July 17, 2005 02:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login