Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Condors & Honeybees at DCHS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 26, 2005 05:18PM
I arrived at dchs on Thursday at sunset. The water temperature was 74 degrees in deep creek. The water level was about 1 foot below the Arizona pool.
On Friday about 11:00am 5 condors were spotted over family canyon, they circled family canyon about 10 minuets then shifted to the canyon above the springs for about 10 minuets , then glided toward Lake Arrowhead. 10 minuets later 3 of the 5 were observed heading toward Victorville. The other 2 condors must have liked Lake Arrowhead more than the city.
Then on Friday at 12:00 noon as I accompanied a friend who calls herself Mt. honey from the springs, I observed a swarm of honeybees swarming at the big hole in the large rock across the creek from the springs. There were thousands of bees there. Two of them had the nerve to sting me ? , as I took their picture.
On Saturday the weather was absolutly perfect for a DCHS meeting. The weather was the same the two days before too! As I left the 110 degree Las Vegas heat to the cool 70 something degrees of Deep creek it was a treat for the senses.
Weekends like this one are what I live for.
Happy hotspringing everyone !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Condors & Honeybees at DCHS

jobe 1125June 26, 2005 05:18PM

Re: Condors & Honeybees at DCHS

Rick 622June 26, 2005 05:46PM

jobe 637June 27, 2005 02:45AM

Kitty Kantina 1251June 29, 2005 01:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login