Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Wrecks Beach: Online Petition to stop the towers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 12, 2004 06:09AM
While Vancouver, Canada is a little far from Deep Creek, some of you naturist may feel that it is a case worth supporting by signing this online petition. I have met Judy Williams personally a couple of times at TNS gathering. The local University there is determined to build two housing twin towers on the buffs above Wrecks Beach, one of the most famous nude beaches in all of Canada. In addition to the environmental concern and the eye saw, naturist feel that after this happens it may be only a matter of time before students start complaining that the nude beach can be seen from the dormitories and request the authorities that it should be closed to nude use.

Anyway, this is a cause that each one of you can decide whether to support or not. Here is more information directly from Canada.

Please help us in this rainy stretch to get more folks to sign the online petition to stop or at least to mitigate the impacts of the proposed UBC towers on the fragile cliff face and breathtaking panoramic vista from the tidal flats of Wreck Beach. We are in the home stretch toward our goal of 20,000 signatures. If everyone sends the online petition link to a
minimum of five others, it will help tremendously. It would also help me in my stats analysis if you would include your city of origin. The more
international signatures we get, the better! We are an international
beach before we are a local one because over 300,000 visitors a year add to tourist-generated revenues. Thank you so much for signing and for passing this along to others to sign. Let's get the online signatures up by thousands and we can do it. Let's see what we can do by the end of this coming weekend. If you can get me your signatures by the end of the day on the 13th, that would help tremendously for my calculations. Thank you for the love of a very precious beach! You can either have people go directly
to the link or they can go to our website and click on the online petition.

Here are the two links:

(1) http://www.PetitionOnline.com/wreckbch/petition.html

(2) http://www.wreckbeach.org (Go to main page and click on the Online Petition and you will go directly there)

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." Martin Luther King with thanks to Gudrun. And, here's my favourite by Chief Seattle: "Man did not create the web
of life. He is but one strand of it and what he does to the beasts (our eagles), he does to himself."

In solidarity and love,

Judy
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wrecks Beach: Online Petition to stop the towers

Ron 1183September 12, 2004 06:09AM

Re: Wrecks Beach: Online Petition to stop the towers

DCR 780September 12, 2004 07:06AM

jobe 697September 15, 2004 07:50PM

Paul P. 928September 17, 2004 12:12PM

jobe 705September 21, 2004 07:42PM

LaughingBear 684September 17, 2004 01:57PM

MINERALKING 1026September 21, 2004 07:09AM

Paul P. 677September 21, 2004 06:34PM

Rick 1172September 22, 2004 02:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login