Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DCV at DCHS this Saturday

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 25, 2005 10:49AM
Originally DCV group coordinator Ron Mercer had on the DCV calender for this Saturday a Pot Luck. Since Ron can't make it up I figure its better if we opt out on the Pot luck for Saturday, to keep things a bit more simple :-) I also thought I'd bring up that with all the hot temperatures of this last week, the conditions are ripe for wild land fires. I was at a dinner at my mom's house in Oak Hills last Saturday, at the top of the Cajon Pass, and at around 2:30PM a significant brush fire started, requiring two air tankers, a couple of water dropping helicopters, and numerous fire personal to put it down. Even though its early in the year the brush was burning very vigorously. Also yesterday, a few miles from our home here in Apple Valley another brush fire burned in the late afternoon. I would expect that DCHS will be busy this weekend. The hillsides around the springs are covered with lots of dry grasses which can spread fire quickly. Campfires at DCHS are illegal, and especially ill advised now that the heat of summer is upon us. Now that the creek is throughly cleaned from this winter's floods, we certainly don't want to revisit the burnt hillsides, and black muddy creek we found after the big Willow Fire.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV at DCHS this Saturday

Wizard 1145May 24, 2005 09:24PM

Wizard 580May 25, 2005 10:49AM

Nevada Naturist 1143May 27, 2005 06:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login