Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Baja Rain / Moonlight Hike

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 23, 2004 09:57PM
Just returned from southern Baja where frequent thunderstorms have made things really green. The tropical desert is alive with life and there is water running in many of the canyons. One night I woke up around 4am to watch an incredible lightning storm that drenched the area. Water temps were well into the 80s making snorkling nice. Saw many turtles,whales and marlin along with schools of porpise doing flips and jumps for fun. All of the fish I caught were released alive except one that we ate for dinner. Baja is such an amazing place. I heard from some local residents about a place in the mountains called agua caliente . Next time I have to explore a little more.

Next weekend we are hosting a moonlight hike in Juniper Flats. All are welcome to join us on the evening of July 31st. Meet inside the Village entrance at Bowen Ranch Road and the cattle guard next to the Cascade Trail sign around sundown. Hike is not strenuous but bring water and hiking boots. This hike is hosted by the Friends of Juniper Flats and kids are welcome.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baja Rain / Moonlight Hike

LaughingBear 1038July 23, 2004 09:57PM

Re: Baja Rain / Moonlight Hike

sycamorelaughing 663July 25, 2004 12:10PM

Re: Baja Rain / Moonlight Hike

LaughingBear 930July 25, 2004 09:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login