Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

July 4th and 5th at DCHS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 06, 2004 09:39PM
I had the pleasure of a Double Header, two back to back days of fun at DCHS. Both the 4th and the 5th were days of fine weather, peaceful and relatively light crowds, lots of fun conversations with the regulars, and with good people I've met at the springs in previous years. We did trash pickup on both days, but the springs were quite clean having been cleansed well on Friday by the DCV Volunteers and USFS representatives, who were at the springs to remove the Scottish Broom vegetation. On Sunday ( 4th ) I had a fun conversation with a couple, Ross and his wife Cristina who I had met some time previously at DCHS. They lived in Utah and now reside in Reno, Nevada. They had brought some first time visitors, their freinds Jeff and Vickie to enjoy the wonder of these bueatiful springs. Ross told me that he has 4 tickets for Burnng Man and will go this year with his wife, and with two other lucky folks! On Monday my family and I met up with Ron and Sycamore of the DCV group. Another guy, nicknamed Shmo came up to introduce himself and I was reminded that we had met, by his recollection, about 5 years ago, and had some interesting conversation for some time in the Womb. I find it fun to know that every time I visit DCHS I may meet again, one of the friendly people there that I met in the past, a sense of the springs community for me :-) On Monday, late in the day we met a man named Ralph, and his daughter Deser'e. My daughter's Amber and Lea had a great time playing with their new freind Deser'e. I almost forgot, Jobe gave me an ice cold beer on Sunday, and Monday, a real treat on those hot summer days. I also talked for some time with a man named Jim who was back at the springs for the first time in years. He does an activity called, as I remember, " Geo Caching ". He uses a GPS device to locate hidden items which are listed on various websites. One of these hidding places is very close to DCHS. Usually the spots hold some kind of container, at times with a log book, and usually a simple token of some sort that can be taken and replace with something else. Jim found a bueatiful polished rock at the Cache spot. Jim said he really enjoys the hunting for these sites, kinda like going on a treasure hunt! Late in the day on Sunday a bunch of us hiked out together intending on meeting at Nick's Pizza. Since Nick's was closed we went on to a real nice italian food establishment in Apple Valley. It was a fitting end to a wonderful set of days at Deep Creek Hot Springs :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

July 4th and 5th at DCHS

Wizard 999July 06, 2004 09:39PM

Re: July 4th and 5th at DCHS

Ron 1037July 07, 2004 10:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login