Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

2nd Trip

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 07, 2004 09:44AM
Hello everybody!
I have been in lurk mode here since last year when we made our first trip to DC and we finally found some time in our busy schedual to make that long hike again this weekend. We fell in love with DCHS and had such a great time last year. Here is a quick and belated trip report. We decided for many reasons to start at bowen ranch and there we met Mike, got a map and some helpful hints and were on our way(Me, wife,youngest(4ys),and dog). Wow what a beautiful hike down and what a beautiful and senic spot to spend the day. We spent the day between the springs , the creek, and lounging in the shade as it was quite hot that day. We met many nice people like the driver from the Green Tortoise, a very nice couple from the Chec Rep. and their friends, a very nice couple from the valley that were very happy we shared our shady spot with, a guy from riverside and an older gentleman who said they were regulars, a guy from the DCV who spent the day policing the trash and checking the pools, he even asked me later in the day if I thought he should drain the pool I was in , of course I had no clue what the proper procedure for keeping the pools clean was so I was of no help at all. Well we are planning another trip this weekend(me, wife, youngest(now 5ys),the 2 big kids(12&14), no dog this time as we had trouble keeping her out of the pools last time) and were looking forward to another great adventure and to meeting some more nice folks, maybe even some of you nice folks who care so much about this beautiful place. If all goes as planned I should have another trip report next week.

Nudenow
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2nd Trip

Nudenow 1041May 07, 2004 09:44AM

Re: 2nd Trip

sycamorelaughing 591May 07, 2004 03:33PM

Wizard 618May 07, 2004 10:11PM

Nudenow 1022May 10, 2004 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login