Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hwy. 173 from Arrowhead

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2005 08:53PM
HWY 173 is paved from the Lake Arrowhead area, north to the Kinely Creek Bridge, where the Bradford Ridge Trail begins. This trail is not an official USFS trail, and therfore is not marked by them. If you have not hiked it before, you may have some trouble finding its beginning. It is a good trail, about two and a half miles from parking to DCHS. As far as saving time in relation to doing the Bowen Ranch route. I don't think if you head up into the mountains, through Arrowhead Lake area, that this will be shorter in total time, from your home, to the springs, than going the Bowen Ranch way. You can also get to the Bradford Ridge trailhead by going up HWY 15, to HWY 138, go east to HWY 173, then up into the mountains, about four and a half miles of dirt, then when the pavement starts, you will find the Kinely Creek bridge after about a quarter mile or less. I think that route by car would be quicker for you, and you don't have to cross Rock Spring Road. The USFS descibe the clothing optional area as the Deep Creek Drainage area, so I take that to mean any lands that drain into Deep Creek. I have hiked the Bradford Ridge trail many times, and when the weather permits, I do so without clothing. Alot less people hike this trail, and I've only run into some folks a couple of times in many hikes. If you do try the Bradford Ridge trail, good luck on your hike, its a longer hike, but a nice way to access DCHS :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hwy. 173 from Arrowhead

lbcalrr 1525April 26, 2005 05:14PM

Wizard 2480April 26, 2005 08:53PM

summernudist 1444April 26, 2005 08:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login