Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS/Saturday/4-23

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 24, 2005 11:49AM
A friend of mine, Abe and I went for a hike to DCHS yesterday. It was quite breezy during the day, but the sunshine was also warm enough for us clothing optional folks to enjoy a great day. The creek is getting lower, finding most folks wading it, with a few braving the cold waters to swim across. I saw one guy who went across on a raft. The pools are looking real good with the Arizona pool still in the creek waters. Some people have put some sand bags in such a way around the Crab Cooker area that it has created some extra, shallow hot pools to lay in. Cotton wood trees along the creek are getting green with new leaves. It looks like three or more big Alder trees have died in the grove of trees, just down stream from the Crab Cooker. On the big sand bar, DCHS Del Mar, there is a new, very big fir pit. Another fire pit on that sand area, that has been there for some time, has become quite the mess, unfortunately. Next Saturday is our DCV group meeting, at 1 PM, and we are planning on cleaning up the area under the big grove of trees of driftwood, throwing it into the creek to get it downstream and out of the area as fuel for summer campfires. We had a nice hike out at sunset, with a very full moon rising in the east while we hiked. I put three new photos at the Wizard's pictures link below, taken on our hike yesterday. One of some wonderful Lupin flowers with some guy, calling himself Wizard standing next to them :-) The two other photos were taken around the Crab Cooker, one looking towards the beach on the opposite shore with the new sand bag shallow hotpools seen, and the other looking back toward the Serenity pool and the Womb, with lots of Merry Folk delighting in the hot waters, from Mother Earth! Things are getting warmer, soon we will be enjoying the refreshing Deep Creek waters :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/Saturday/4-23

Wizard 1175April 24, 2005 11:49AM

Re: DCHS/Saturday/4-23

Wizard 1012April 24, 2005 11:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login