All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2005 11:45AM
Hello Laughing Bear :-) There are definitely Chuckawalla's out here in Granite Mountains, but the lizard in my picture is not one of those. Just last Friday I was at the house of an aquintance who has a wonderful southwestern style home and yard here in eastern Apple Valley, and he showed me one of the several Chuckawalla's that reside in the rocks behind his home. I had also caught one years ago up by Lake Mohave on the Colorado River, it was about 15 inches long, a very big stocky lizard, and black on top. I was told that Chuckawalla's are the second biggest lizard in the southwest, the biggest one being the Gilla Monster, a poisonous lizard. As seen in my photo, this lizard I took the picture of over the weekend is greenish, with spots on top, and it has a white and black collar around its neck. It didn't act too scared, maybe because it was in an area where it may have grown up its whole life never seeing a human before.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Granite Mountains/photos

Wizard 1015April 17, 2005 08:48PM

Re: Granite Mountains/photos

LaughingBear 620April 17, 2005 09:31PM

Wizard 597April 18, 2005 11:45AM

Wizard 1096April 18, 2005 08:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.