All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 16, 2005 11:29PM
The strip mine on Juniper Flats, and the damage that it left behind, is just another example of the irresponsibility of these open pit mining operations. Just look at the back side of the San Bernardino Range, south of the Lucerne Valley area. These strip mines have made a big mess all over those mountains, not to mention in the open deserts too. They are also " hiding " a big open pit mine on top of those mountains, off of 3N16, out of sight, out of mind. " Area of Critical Environmental Concern ", a long winded designation......... I don't think so, it is just a basic description of areas that are considered important to be protected. Of course these big mining operations have had thier way for decades, at tax payers expense, mining public resourses and leaving environmental degradation in thier wake, all over the United States, in the name of big profits. These mining companies have consistently dodged any responsibility for the damage they cause to Mother Earth, they are looking for the big bucks, and could care less what lands, and people they effect in the process. They always do thier best to bamboozle the public with thier smoke and mirrors about how they are taking care of the lands they mine, but thier actions show the truth of thier real intent. So Gail and William, why did you post this article, where do you stand on this issue of open pit mining? Comes to mind however, that who ever is writting post under Katrina Island, consistently does not answer the questions I have posed to them in various post lately. Whats a matter, Kats got your tongue ( or keyboard ) :-) I have also noticed that Katrina Island has really made a run on the DCHS forum of late, started 13 of the last 24 threads! Prolific, but in the end, what are you trying to accomplish here at the DCHS Forum? One day your bashing Laughing Bear, or Mojave Green, then the next your posting articles about flowers, or mines, or nude activities, etc. I'm just wondering, whats your objective, or over all agenda in posting at the DCHS Forum. Since " two " people post under Katrina Island, I guess I would have to expect, two differant answers to that question, unless that is, Gail, and William, are exactly on the same page, on every issue :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sacrificing jobs for a few weeds

katrina island 1042April 16, 2005 02:27PM

Re: Sacrificing jobs for a few weeds

Rick 588April 16, 2005 06:19PM

LaughingBear 671April 16, 2005 08:45PM

Wizard 611April 16, 2005 11:29PM

Majority of mining interests are foreign owned

mojavegreen 605April 17, 2005 06:55PM

serenitynow 642April 17, 2005 10:55AM

jobe 1131April 18, 2005 01:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login