Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ravens Love Tortoises - for dinner

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 07, 2005 10:03PM
I like the Ravens. Around our home in eastern Apple Valley there are great numbers of them. You can see them flying everyday, all over the place out here. One morning a couple of months ago I went out for a soak in our hot tub at about 6 in the morning, just as the sun was coming up. As I soaked there for about 45 minutes I saw group after group of them heading out towards the Victor Valley, flying across the top of the rocky mountains behind our home. These groups varied in number, anywhere from a few, to many larger groups of 10 to 50 birds. I saw hundreds and hundreds of them in total during my soak that morning. I see them flying generally towards the high desert cities in the mornings, and then back out into the desert to thier roosting spots just before sunset. So they eat baby turtles, well I know they also like Kangaroo rats too. I've seen them flying with a Roo Rat in thier mouth a number of times. As I said I do like seeing them, but as the article suggest, thier over abundant numbers may very well be upsetting the balance for some other desert creatures. The Ravens are intelligent survivors. Comes to mind, we humans are the same, intelligent survivors, over abundant, and creating imbalances all over the place on this planet. Maybe the " agencies " will have to develop an erradication program for us too! We, as a pesky species, do a whole lot more damage, than a pack of Ravens :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ravens Love Tortoises - for dinner

katrina island 1051April 07, 2005 03:22AM

Wizard 563April 07, 2005 10:03PM

Rick 1146April 08, 2005 01:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login