Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

DCV meeting minutes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 29, 2003 10:22AM
The meeting started at about 1:20 pm with Richard, Scott, Matt, Wizard, Paul, myself, Ron, and one new member, Don in attendence. One visitor joined us for the first half of the meeting. The agenda was lengthy, and the meeting ran long, but was very productive and cordial (in my opinion).

Item #1: Membership changes.
Our group now has 24 members, 6 of whom are female.

Item #2: Naturist gathering.
Ron presented his experiences at the Naturist gathering and passed around a variety of literature from there. It was held at De Anza, a well-publicized site. They offered a wide range of workshops. Ron told us about one that he attended which was wilderness survival tips presented by a ranger. One tip given to children was to hug a tree if you get lost. This would keep you in one place, making it easier for searchers to find you, and hugging the tree would likely help to relieve fears.

Another item mentioned was that Secret Cove in Rancho Palos Verdes has been shut down over concerns about homosexual activity. The point was made that one of our goals should be to change the conception that nudity equals sexual activity. Overt sexual activity at clothing optional sites, whether homosexual or heterosexual, presents a false image to the public and gives authorities the reason, or the excuse, to shut the place down.

Item #3: Brochure changes.
Ron recieved some suggestions for changes in the brochure. Some were corrections of grammatical errors, while others were suggestions for new wording. Ron made the grammatical corrections and a few of the wording changes. He presented each wording change suggestion and the group discussed each proposed change. We reached consensus on what to change, and agreed that the document looks better when it is both right and left justified. I have no copy of the changes, and will wait for Ron to post them and fill in any details I have missed about the changes.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV meeting minutes

sycamorelaughing 1021September 29, 2003 10:22AM

Re: DCV meeting minutes, Part 2

sycamorelaughing 601September 29, 2003 10:49AM

Re: DCV meeting minutes/missed detail

sycamorelaughing 584September 29, 2003 10:53AM

Re: DCV meeting...comments

sycamorelaughing 678September 29, 2003 11:08AM

Re: DCV meeting...comments

Paul P. 694September 29, 2003 12:18PM

Re: DCV meeting minutes

LaughingBear 685September 29, 2003 09:06PM

Ron 728September 30, 2003 08:23AM

sycamorelaughing 617September 30, 2003 12:02PM

Paul P. 1084September 30, 2003 05:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login