Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Mojavegreen strikes out

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 08, 2003 02:40AM
The Bureau of Land Management has been involved in forming this management plan for the past 10 years. There have been meetings held all those years where various members of the public, organizations, county government representatives and the BLM have been in attendance. Even if you were notified of these meetings, many of your neighbors were not notified. Were all the recreational groups who use the area informed and allowed to participate? No.

I became aware of these meetings and repeatedly requested that the BLM place DCHS, Inc. on their mailing list for notices. In addition, I brought it to their attention that private landowners should be kept informed of these meetings. It was only when the management plan was close to finalization did I start receiving notices and proposed management plans.

The Bureau of Land Management did not keep DCHS, Inc. or private landowners or recreational users informed about these meetings or their potential affect.

I support reasonable multiple use of public lands. I believe that to achieve this balance all interested parties should be involved in forming the management of their affected area. In addition, all interested parties should be provided the knowledge to make educated decisions.

Concerning the Juniper Flats area and Cottonwood Springs. I have been told that the proposed opening of this particular trail was due to public comment during the route designation process. This would indicate that numerous recreational users sent comments to the BLM that this was an essential trail to them for recreational use in the area.

In order to examine the issue, interested people need to look at the various open trails and routes in the area open to recreation. Are the trails accessing the area adequate to support reasonable recreational use? Are there areas that are environmentally or culturally sensitive that require special consideration? Which routes should be designated open and for what recreational activities? Is there a conflict with private landowners?

Then what is the procedure for providing comment and/or reopening the issue for reconsideration by the public agency? The BLM had completed their proposed route designation plan quite awhile ago. The comment period followed. As a result of the public comments received, the BLM then proposed to change the route to open.

At this point, we would need to find out what process would be followed if we wanted to be effective in having our comments make a difference. There are various avenues available to citizens when addressing their public agencies. The ultimate decision-maker when it comes to public lands is Congress.

Personally, I would probably prefer if this trail could be designated as nonmotorized. However, I would also want to know what routes are currently open for motorized recreation and take this into consideration.

I am concerned with what the BLM have done or not done to protect Cottonwood Springs. The BLM were paid to fence off cottonwood springs, did they do this? The BLM were paid to place gravel caps where the Indian cultural artifacts are located, did they do this? The BLM were paid to conduct ranger patrols of the area, did they do that? The BLM were supposed to acquire private land in the area to lower conflict with private landowners, did they do that?

Why aren't you, Mojavegreen, requesting more ranger patrols to protect the land from abusive OHV use and looting of cultural artifacts? Why aren't you concerned that the BLM have not done their job as prescribed in their own management plan? If they had done their job in protecting this area, this damage to the area may not have occurred. The BLM have failed in their prudent management of the area. The result is the problem has gotten worse and the recreational users are being blamed for the damage. Now the BLM can ask for more money and control.

I could not believe how you reacted to Auggie when you thought I was Auggie. You sure have made all kinds of assumptions about myself and my viewpoints. I know that you don't have enough information or knowledge of me or what I know to make those assumptions. In addition, you are continuing with attempts to discredit me by stating that I have an ax to grind, have resentment, am angry, etc. Everything you said about me was incorrect, Mojavegreen. Where would I even begin or do I even want to bother responding to all your false allegations.

I have my reasons for attending the meeting at the Green Tree Inn yet not speaking publicly. I don't have to tell you why I do what I do. I did submit written comments. I did attend numerous BLM meetings for the past two years even drove all the way to Ridgecrest to attend a meeting.

I do not resent private landowners. This is out in left field. Where did this come from? The Moss Mill Road issue or something? Moss Mill Road is a recorded and legal easement for ingress and egress. This is based on research of the records and my knowledge of real estate. Chicago Title would not have initiated an investigation if there was nothing of substance to investigate.

Where do you get this legalize all trails in the desert? There is another comment without any basis in fact. Where do you get that my agenda is against protection of the environment? Another comment without any basis in fact. If you only knew what these public agencies are doing to the environment (if you truly are concerned about the environment), you would be outraged.

For instance, think about this one. The San Bernardino National Forest was set aside as Forest Reserve Land in 1893 by President Benjamin Harrison. The San Bernardino National Forest was one of many forests in the west set aside at this time. Now, compare the San Bernardino National Forest, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear, Crestline, with the other National Forests. Look at the Angeles Crest Forest, how much development do you see over in the Angeles Crest Forest? Are there private homes, developments, golf courses, retail centers, over in the Angeles Crest Forest like in the San Bernardino National Forest? No. Why? Think about it. I guarantee that there is much more to this picture that you don't know about.

>>"Your support for an OHV trail through Cottonwood Springs is one step
>>from opening Deep Creek Hot Springs to OHV's."

When did I make any statement that I support an OHV trail through Cottonwood Springs? Never. Then you insult me again with this "like a pig" and referring to this trail as "your favored illegal trail" that "will never fly". This is obviously not an illegal trail as the BLM are the ones designating it as open.

I think Mojavegreen that you are not even as well behaved as your namesake who usually don't strike unless provoked. In addition, you way overshot your mark completely missing the truth in your attempt to strike.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mojavegreen strikes out

katrina island 1094September 08, 2003 02:40AM

Re: Mojavegreen strikes out

LaughingBear 842September 08, 2003 08:35AM

Mojave Green responds

mojavegreen 559September 08, 2003 10:44AM

Re: Mojave Green responds

Paul P. 603September 08, 2003 12:27PM

Re: Mojavegreen strikes out

LaughingBear 617September 08, 2003 02:45PM

Mojave Green apologizes

mojavegreen 1024September 11, 2003 12:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login