Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

The adventures of Cat Scan Bill

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 22, 2005 10:12PM
Village life can be anything but boring, especially when a project is unfolding. Cat Scan Bill has a place on the hill overlooking the Village and he was in dire need of a new water tank. The one that was there when he bought the place was rusty and full of holes. Today was the day when the new tank made by Osborne was scheduled to arrive.

I went up early to scrounge up some help from the locals. The wind was really blowing today with a grey stormfront looming to the southwest. In the afternoon I did encounter two lost pilgrems searching for the hotsprings and I advised them on the approaching storm. They were oblivious as the proceded onward. Shortly thereafter, Cat Scan Bill arrived with his son and it started to rain. Then, the truck and trailer from Osborne showed up and the game was on.

The wind was howling by this time and the skies opened up with a torrent of water. The rain was blowing sideways and pelting us while the blasts of wind that almost blew us to Barstow. We manuvered the 2500 gallon tank off the truck and gently began to roll it down the hill toward the pad that had been prepared. It weighed a half a ton and was slick wet and cold.Our boots were slipping while the wind was pushing it and we struggled to keep it from rolling off the hill into town. At last, the tank was wrestled into place and we all made a quick retreat to the roaring fire in the cabin below. After warming our frozen fingers, we completed the job by wiring the tank to stakes to prevent the wind from blowing it away. Now some may question weather the wind can blow away a 1000 lb water tank....and the answer is absolutly yes! Look out below!!!!!

Juniper Flats recieved another good soaking this evening and the wildflowers are just exploding everywhere. There are carpets of color all over the desert and now is the time to get out and enjoy the show. Soon enough, they will dry out and turn to weeds but for now, the desert looks like paradice. I cant help but wonder how those two girls did on their journey to the hotsprings in that downpour. It is icy cold and the snow level is around 6000 feet.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The adventures of Cat Scan Bill

LaughingBear 1149March 22, 2005 10:12PM

Re: The adventures of Cat Scan Bill

Steamboat 672March 23, 2005 09:36AM

Re: The adventures of Cat Scan Bill

LaughingBear 738March 24, 2005 09:45PM

LOCAL CONDITIONSl

coyote 1374March 25, 2005 01:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login