Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

What's really Important to you?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 01, 2003 10:04AM
All,

I've purposely stayed out of the forum for the last little while because I realized that I was being drawn into something that... well... just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. And it was causing me to have and to stir up ill feelings about others who I hardly even know!

I have never set up camp on one side of the "ranch" or the other. I have to admit, from information provided in many of your posts.... from those who have more personal experiences one way or the other, with Mike Castro, or the other cast or characters I, like many other observers, have formed an opinion. But in reality, that really only matters to me.

I've seen during the last week, that things continue to be hot and contentious. And this new Majove Green character seems to have formed a fast opinion and seems to be equally contentious. I wonder who he really is, and what his motivation is....

But... all that said, I wanted to share something my secretary sent me just this morning. Hopefully, it will get you all thinking. Whoever ends up "taking over Bowen Ranch" and what and how they manage it... will it really keep ANY of us from visiting the springs... one way or another by whatever route or method we choose? (Well... except for a few paranoid folks who think their safety is in jeapordy.) I know that I will continue to visit... one way or another when I am in the area.

Does Deep Creek or the Bowen Ranch really represent an "Essential" part of your life? Or is it one of the nice "other" things... a fringe benefit that God or Nature, if you will, has provided as an additional enjoyment to what really should matter? Read this interesting story and think about it... and all spear-chuckers on BOTH sides... well lighten up on each other for heck sakes! Life is too short to be angry and spread bad vibes. Hurtful words and name calling of others may hurt the recepient of your posts, but it damages you and your character as well. Here's the story... and happy hot pottin' to all:

~~~~~~~~~

A professor stood before his Philosophy 101 class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full? They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous - - yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and proceeded to pour the entire contents in to the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the essential things - your family, your partner, your health, your children, your friends, truth and your righteous beliefs- - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full."

"The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car ((visits to Deep Creek)). The sand is everything else - - the small stuff." "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are essential to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children.

Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. Help someone less fortunate.

There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party ((visit Deep Creek)) or fix the disposal."

"Take care of the golf balls first - - the things that really matter. Set your priorities and set them correctly. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented????? The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What's really Important to you?

Gary 1116August 01, 2003 10:04AM

Re: What's really Important to you?

mojavegreen 638August 01, 2003 12:16PM

jobe 610August 01, 2003 04:17PM

katrina island 666August 01, 2003 05:02PM

Gary 1096August 02, 2003 09:37PM

Wizard 608August 01, 2003 10:15PM

LaughingBear 671August 02, 2003 09:17AM

Gary 664August 02, 2003 09:13PM

Naked Man 658August 02, 2003 09:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login