Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Things learned at the Devil's hole

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 29, 2003 07:04PM
The devils hole was quiet when I arrived, very quiet. TWO WHEEL DRIVE PROHIBITED The sign said. The only sound was the wind in the trees.

After studing several maps I decided to find this devil`s hole myself. The maps do not say exactly where the hole is. The devil is like that. The parking lot where the 4 wheelers park, is not the hole. the hole is 1/2 mile up stream. It is a place where the hole is deep enough to dive off the sheer cliffs. Follow the Pacific coast trail up stream @ 10-15 minuets. When the trail makes a sharp hair pin turn look down at the devil`s hole. Back down stream abuot 100-200 feet are trails to the hole. Any one who goes here with two wheel drive, be ready to hike 1/2 mile down a steep hill, then 1/2 mile up stream.
The other place is about 1/2 way between the devil`s hole and the T-6Crossing. This place is called the Aztec falls. There are sheer cliffs and another deep hole to dive into at this JEWEL on Deep creek.
The water tempurature at 3:00 pm was 68 degrees. The air tempureture was 78 degrees. I was there on Thursday July 24.
After Leaving this Paradice I followed the 3 n 34 route to the Bradford ridge to observe the Dragon mentioned earliar.
The Dragon (I am glad to say) sleeps.
The U.S.F.S. has put the Dragon to sleep for now.
She just sat there quietly.
For those who do not know the dragon is a place where the pavement on hwy. 173 ends. The U.S.F.S. was burning 3-7=thousand trees per day. It sounded like a jet engine, taking off. This was going on 7/24.
A nice security guard said they had shut it down.
This guy had a permanent smile branded on his face. I liked talking to him for about 1 hour. :~)
Happy hiking I am glad to help.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Things learned at the Devil's hole

jobe 8235July 29, 2003 07:04PM

Re: Things learned at the Devil's hole

Paul P. 1423July 30, 2003 02:28PM

Re: Things learned at the Devil's hole

jobe 1678July 30, 2003 04:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login