Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Hello Jobe

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 22, 2003 09:42PM
Just remembering you commenting that you were glad I was back after my brief respite from this forum. Well thanks for that sentiment :-) I also wanted to respond to your question, asking whether I was aware of the Burning Machine over by the Kinely Creek Bridge on 173. I did see it as they were building it. Haven't seen it in action yet. Apparently it is the only one the have running currently in the San Bernardino Forest area. The dead trees were being shipped up north on trucks, to mills, but the cost for lumber went so low that it became no longer profitable to keep doing this. So the USFS decided to burn all of the dead trees locally at this Burning Machine. I also noticed grading work on the road from this Burning Site to the pavement towards Arrowhead. I see you mention that it is now paved. Real nice for those who might be accessing DCHS by way of the Bradford Ridge trail from the mountain communities. Now if they would only pave the 4.6 miles of dirt from the Kinely Creek Bridge, the other direction, down to where the pavement ends by the Mohave Dam. Opps, there I go again, making suggestions that " might " make it easier to access DCHS! OK, forget I ever said that :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hello Jobe

Wizard 1055July 22, 2003 09:42PM

Re: Hello Jobe

jobe 1004July 23, 2003 12:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login