Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Access to the Hot Springs plus questions...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 23, 2003 10:29PM
First time poster here! I'm a triathlete looking for a good workout with a relaxing break at the hot springs. I've been to Deep Creek before, specifically "The Falls" is what we used to call it back in high school but I've never actually made it out to the hot springs. Is there basically three ways into the hot springs?

1) Bowen Ranch where you have to pay to cross somebody's property to get there. And from some of the posts I've read here the residents at Bowen Ranch are pretty much insane good 'ol boys in the FBI's witness protection program who will kill you if you look at them wrong. LOL, why anyone would actually pay for access to public land is beyond me! The hot springs are on public land, correct, not private?

2) The dam trail from Deep Creek road. As I understand this is a much longer route but that's what I'm looking for as I wanted to get in a good run/hike/crawl workout. However, I'm a bit worried about parking at this location. I've parked at the dam way back in the day (10+ years ago) a few different times and never had a problem but I'm a bit weary about taking a new truck out there now. Is there really a problem with vandalism there? Why and who are the jerks doing it?

3) The Bradford Ridge trail off the 173. I've never been this route and wasn't sure where the PCT was at exactly, which then takes you to the hot springs. Plus, how far of a hike would this actually be from the white bridge at kinnely creek?

Also, I read in a post somewhere about an actual organization that I guess oversees the Deep Creek hot springs area, has meetings regarding it, etc. Is there official info. about the hot springs, flyers, brochures, maps or something? Basically just looking to learn more about this area - not so much the gossip about deranged toll collectors and killer amoebas but the useful facts about the area. What's really going on with this place. Thanks so much in advance!

Ron

A penny saved is a government oversight!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Access to the Hot Springs plus questions...

swimbikerun 1127June 23, 2003 10:29PM

Re: Access to the Hot Springs plus questions...

sycamorelaughing 731June 24, 2003 06:37AM

Wizard 686June 24, 2003 09:44AM

Paul P. 719June 24, 2003 12:45PM

jobe 809June 24, 2003 08:44PM

swimbikerun 806June 25, 2003 03:34PM

Gary 741June 26, 2003 10:14AM

jobe 828June 26, 2003 02:43PM

jobe 898June 24, 2003 07:56PM

jobe 1005June 26, 2003 02:52PM

LaughingBear 737June 26, 2003 06:50AM

Ron 672June 27, 2003 08:29AM

Re: Access to the Hot Springs & MORE!

Gary 741June 27, 2003 09:14AM

jobe 1289June 27, 2003 09:20AM

Wizard 756June 27, 2003 08:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login