Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Reflections of OZ

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 17, 2003 11:23PM
In the travels of my life, there is a place I find so rewarding, Deep Creek and DCHS. An area that holds a special place in my mind as OZ. Over the years, I have developed names for all of the unique and inspiring features that I have found in the area of DCHS, and its vicinity. I do this for the fun of it. Names like Spirit Rock, Shrine of Life, Emerald City, Indian Head, Rainbow Bridge, Enigma Hole, Wizard's Sandbox, Shangri-La, Unkonwn Passage, Silent Wall, Babylon, Eagles Crest, Point of Origin, Rivendale, Xanadu, expressions in words, of a place I hold dear. People, find satisfaction in thier lives in the pursuit of many differant things. I find great satisfaction in the enjoyment of the wonderful outdoor environment that exist in the lands around DCHS, and along Deep Creek. I think of my visits there as an adventure, and for me, that is what it truly is, each time I go. I know for many, the visit to a place like Deep Creek will provide no memorable experience, but that is not the case for me. Some folks love horses, some love skydiving, and I love OZ. I can go there anytime I wish in the memories that are within me from my many trips there. I can travel through the canyons from the Rainbow Bridge to Willow Creek, mentally, in a way that few can. Its like someone, in a conversation at the DCHS, once asked me, " how differant are dreams, and rememberances from the past "? Going to OZ is Dreamland for me. I have the same eyes as all the rest of us carbon units but we all " see " differant things, thats cool :-) I know there are many others who also value greatly thier experiences at this unique place as I do. So in my appreciation of that special realm, I give you these new images of OZ, just a few of the many I have shared over the last few years. The snake shown in one photo is of a Rosy Boa. It has the smoothest of skin and the form of its head is that of a true Boa. This snake represents to me, the peace that can exist, between one form of life, and another. It is a real treat to hold such and organism, such a non-aggressive life form. I seek these kind of experiences when I visit OZ. Peace, natures beauty, time to think about life and its mysteries, in a place that inspires the mind. The new photos are at the Wizard's pictures link below, first picture, the last one on page 39, is it OZ, you decide :-) The rest of the images are on page 40. If there are truths in this world, these images are part of that truth.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Reflections of OZ

Wizard 1209May 17, 2003 11:23PM

Re: Reflections of OZ

Wizard 606May 17, 2003 11:35PM

Rick 579May 18, 2003 08:37PM

Wizard 569May 20, 2003 09:05AM

Rick 1148May 21, 2003 12:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login